Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tugas 11 (Tipe-tipe If Clause & Wish)


Tipe-tipe If Clause
If clauses digunakan untuk menyatakan sebuah kondisi atas kejadian atau keberadaan sesuatu.

Contoh : If you mix sugar with water, it will dissolve
Here, the sugar will dissolve on the condition that you mix it with water.
Ada tiga tipe if clauses:

Type 1. mengenai kejadian nyata
Dalam tipe 1, if clause dalam present tense, sedangkan main clause biasanya dalam bentuk present, future, atau imperative.
Contoh:
If you go to the mini market, buy me a diet coke. (present ; imperative)
If Elena calls, I’ll invite her to the party. (present ; future)
If Elena should  call, I’ll invite her to the party. (modal ; future)

Type 2
Type 2 is concerned with hypothetical  or unreal situations in the present. (berkaitan dengan khayalan atau situasi yang tidak nyata saat ini.)
-          If I had the money, I would buy an expensive new shoe.
This is called a hypothetical  if clause because I don’t have the money but I am imagining what I would do if I did.

Type 3
Type 3 is concerned with hypothetical discussion about the past.
-          If I had known you were sick, I would have made you some cream soup. (past perfect-modal past)
Here the implication is that I didn’t know you were sick (and that you may no longer be sick).
-          If you had been here last sunday, you could have seen Renee. (past perfect-modal past)
It is clear in the example that you were not here last sunday.

Tipe-tipe Wish

 Type 1. mengenai kejadian nyata
Dalam tipe 1, if clause dalam present tense, sedangkan main clause biasanya dalam bentuk present, future, atau imperative.

 Type 2
Type 2 .is concerned with hypothetical  or unreal situations in the present. (berkaitan dengan khayalan atau situasi yang tidak nyata saat ini.)

Type 3
Type 3 .is concerned with hypothetical discussion about the past 

Fungsi dari masing-masing tipe :

Type 1.
Dalam tipe 1, if clause dalam present tense, sedangkan main clause biasanya dalam bentuk present, future, atau imperative.

Type 2
Type 2 .is concerned with hypothetical  or unreal situations in the present. (berkaitan dengan khayalan atau situasi yang tidak nyata saat ini.)

Type 3
Type 3 .is concerned with hypothetical discussion about the past.

10 contoh kalimat pengandaian beserta faktanya :

1.      I wish I knew how to dance ( I don’t know how to dance )
2.      I wish I had a car ( I don’t have a car )
3.      I wish I were his girlfriend ( I’m not his girlfriend )
4.      I wish it weren’t foggy today ( It’s foggy today )
5.      We wish we were in Seoul ( We aren’t in Seoul )
6.      I wish I had a car ( I don’t have a car )
7.      I wish I had a DVD Player ( I don’t have a DVD Player )
8.      I wish I had studied for the exam ( I didn’t study for the exam )
9.      John wishes he had finished his work ( John didn’t finish his work )
10.  I wish I hadn’t gone to the meeting ( I went to meeting)

No comments:

Post a Comment